You might have your main meals down to a healthy T. But if like me you are a snacker, it is healthy choices in this department that may make the difference to your energy levels and any excess weight loss.
As a professional dancer and Sleek Technique instructor when I am exercising a lot I am always on the hunt for different energized snack options that don’t just temporarily satisfy with a high sugar kick and then shortly leave me wanting more. In my search I came across a few favorites I have listed below for you. If you are hungry for more, check out https://www.merakilane.com/ Or if you are curious to learn more about high-quality proteins and why we need them, read on here.
1. Easy No-Bake Energy BitesWith healthy ingredients such as peanut butter, old fashioned oats, and chia seeds, these no-bake energy bites will satisfy your hunger in the most delicious way!
2. Lightly Salted Roasted AlmondsAlmonds are an amazing source of protein and if you’re craving a savory snack, roast them lightly with some coconut oil and salt, and pop them into the oven for about 15 minutes.
3. Hard-Boiled Egg and Avocado BowlWhen I think of high protein foods, my mind immediately goes to eggs. And you don’t have to be a foodie to know how good avocado is for you. Mix them together with some red onion and pepper for a healthy, yummy snack!
4. Tuna Salad on CrackersThis high protein snack is so easy to make and I love it because you can make it at the beginning of the week and have a healthy snack all week long. Mix up some canned tuna with mustard or mayo and some green onions and store it in the fridge. When you’re feeling hungry, just whip out some multigrain crackers and spread the tuna on. Voila.
5. Peanut Butter Banana Overnight OatsIf you need an on-the-go snack, overnight oats are perfect for you. With 12.5 grams of protein in just one jar, you can be sure that this is a healthy snack that will keep you satisfied.
6. High Protein Black Bean Lime DipBeans are not only an amazing source of protein, they also have an ideal protein-fibre ratio, which helps with things such as muscle fatigue and regeneration, as well as blood sugar levels. Black beans are also packed with magnesium which is key to keeping up your energy levels. This dip is where it’s at.
7. Roasted ChickpeasIf you’re craving chips, reach for some roasted chickpeas instead. They’re crunchy, savory, and just one cup contains 39 grams of protein.
8. Hummus and VeggiesHummus is made from chickpeas, which we already know is loaded with protein. Dip your favorite veggies, whether it’s carrots, celery or cucumber for a satisfying midday snack.
9. Customizable Protein-Packed Oatmeal CupsMuffins are a great snack to lean on because you can batch bake them, throw them in the freezer and take a couple out to bring with you each day. These ones are customizable and chockfull of protein due to both the protein powder and rolled oats.
10. Banana with Peanut ButterOne of my go-to breakfasts and snacks, banana with peanut butter is one of the best if you want to lose weight with high protein goodies. While peanut butter gives you the protein you need, bananas are a key source of fiber, natural sugars and vitamin C and B-6 for a boost of energy!
Co-Founder and Principal Trainer Sleekballetfitness.com